Friday, January 15, 2010

They All Roll Over And One Fell Out......

When I was a kid Sesame Street had a little skit with ten bears piled into a bed. There was a cute song where the littlest bear says "Roll over; I'm crowded." The song continues "So they all rolled over and one fell out, nine bears in the bed and the little one said...." and it counts down until just the baby is left in the bed.

Guess where this is going?

After a REALLY long day (you may have noticed I didn't post) the Boss was feeling pretty run down. We ran errands from the time we woke the girls up for school until two thirty when she went to work. She stayed there until near midnight. I had a class last night (sort of..Long story, maybe later) so Ma and Pop took on the runts for a while.

And by a little before midnight when the Boss could finally settle down a bit, she started feeling sick. As soon as she started coughing, the baby woke up and made some of the most pathetic noises I have ever heard. Whatever the Boss was catching, she probably got from Squizzle.

****Editor's note
Sorry Pop, here's a quick heads up for ya. My kids, who spent all afternoon at your place, may have in fact been little "Outbreak" Monkeys. Sorry 'bout that. My bad.
****

So she took Squizzles down to bed and snuggled him up. I finished watching Lebron kill off the Jazz when he hit a thirty five footer with less than a minute that put the Cavs up by four. I got frustrated at the blankety-blank Jazz and went down to bed as well.

****Editor's second note
Oops! Saw on sportscenter this morning that the scrub replacement the Jazz signed on a ten day contract drilled a three pointer at the buzzer to send Lebron packing. DOH!!!!! Figures.
****

I climbed into bed and my head (which was still visibly emitting smoke and flames of frustration from the end of the Jazz game) had not hit the pillow when a panicked knock shook the bedroom door. Moe had had a nightmare. She did not want to go back to bed, so my compassionate yet drowsy spouse told her she could sleep on the floor by the bed.

Uh-hu. Right.

She wound up between me and the Boss, hogging all the covers. I shrugged over and managed to doze off until at some point, Peff made his way downstairs complaining that he didn't feel good either. He spread himself over my feet at the end of the bed.

Now we have established that I am not a small man. But my queen-sized bed is normally plenty large for me to get a good nights rest. If you've lost count, this meant the Boss, Squizzle, Moe, Peff and perhaps part of one of my arms were all on the bed at once. What was this, the Walton's?

"'night, John-boy".

Enough was enough.

"So they all rolled over and Dad fell out, nine bears in the bed, and the biggest one said...
...Forget this, I'm sleeping on the couch."

And since I don't have Beak's kids today, I'm gonna go take a nap now, in my bed. By myself. OK. Maybe Squizzle can come too. But that's it! No more.

When I wake up later today, I have a really good idea for a post that I thought of while watching the ball game last night.

So more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment