Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Be Vewy,Vewy Qwiet, I'm Hunt'n Wudolph

Beak told me a fantastic story the other day, and I'm begging her to get the picture so I can scan it in.

Reagger's Daddy, Uncle C is a dedicated and ferocious hunter. Remember Gaston from Beauty and the Beast? The Dude that uses antlers in all of his decorating? That's Uncle C (If he was built a little more like me). Walk into his house and the first thing you see is a big ol' Honkin' bison head on the wall. Right now, it is festively attired with a large Santa hat. 'Tis the Season, after all.

In my vast experience with 4 year olds, I find that when they are not unintentionally destroying your sanity, they are trying desperately to please you.


*****We interrupt this regularly scheduled anecdote to bring you the following spontaneous migraine headache.....

Beak just walked in with Reaggers and Bub. She says to me "Reaggers asked on the way over if I thought they'd get to play music again today. Thought you'd like that." Then she left. Quickly. I don't blame her. It's her birthday today.

Reaggers Bub and Peff are now upstairs "playing" improvisational, Post-Modern jazz with baseball stadium and hockey rink influences.

At 8:30 in the A.M. Full blast.

Critically magnificent. Disturbing to the audience. Where the #$&! is that Tylenol?....Oh, yeah. Happy Birthday Beak. You are OLD!!!!!OLD, OLD, OLD!!!!!

We now return you to our regularly scheduled posting*****

As I was saying, the typical 4 year old is desperate to please their parents.

When the mood suits them.

Now Reaggers, like many children her age is something of an art prodigy. Her proclivities for modern cave-wall art are familiar to regular readers of this forum and do not need to be rediscussed here. And as the Holiday season approaches, her thoughts and inspirations seem to have turned to Christmas themes.

With this in mind, the tyke presented her mother with an Opus Magnum depiction of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.

"Check out all the points on him, mom! I gave him an extra big rack!"

Beak assures me that she's talking about antlers. I, for one, am disappointed. But Uncle C, hunter that he is, should be smiling proudly. You gotta love a kid who loves what you do. If I get a lithograph print of the original, I'll copy it for all to enjoy.

Time to go. It's baking day and we are making sugar "plum" cookies. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment