Friday, December 11, 2009

One of Them Kind O' Days

As you can see, I got a little time on my hands this morning, and did some exploring around the old Blogger customization machine. First I Christmased up the page with some color changes and switched to the most "whimsical" font they offer. I've always been a "Times New Roman" kind of guy, so this is actually a big step in artistic merit for me. It's still pretty sad.

I wanted to center the title and add wreaths on either side, but I couldn't figure out how; so I did what I could. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I hate Techno-crap. My favorite change is that I found out that the response boxes (which is how I tell if anyone is looking at this nonsense) don't have to stay default. "Funny" was alright but "cool" and "interesting"? I have a degree in English with minors in sarcasm and wise a..cre. I am obligated to do a little better that "cool". If there is a response you want me to add (I almost used "There's Ten Minutes of My Life I'll Never Get Back) please tell me, and I can add it now. But I still hate Techno-crap. Told you I'd say it again.

Yesterday was one of those days when plenty happened, but the only recurring theme seemed to be the constant reminders that I'm a pathetic bum. First off, the kids went upstairs to "Play Music" again. I quickly downed some Advil and sat down to watch "Sportscenter" with Squizzle (Sign #1 I'm a bum: Watching a 9:00 AM sports center in sweatpants and a dirty t-shirt).

Against all odds, Squizzle fell asleep almost instantly. Morning Nap two days in a row? I thought my birthday was in July!

So after making sure the toy room still had a roof, I decided to pull out the old XBOX and try to accomplish my latest goal (Sign #2: My goals include XBOX achievements).

I popped in Rock Band, fired up solo guitar tour and proceeded to beat my head against the brick wall that is "Green Grass and High Tides" on expert. For about a month now I've been dying in the 90 something percent completed area. Not yesterday. I warmed up with a few songs, then started GGHT. Dang me if I didn't finally beat that sucker. 187,505 points and 4 stars. 82 % of notes hit. I snapped a picture with my cell phone and sent a text to Beak and the Boss.

"Who Rocks? I ROCK!!!"

And I did. Until I noticed Signs #3,4,and 5 that I'm a worthless bum. #3 is that I have played enough Rockband to beat GGHT on Expert. Talk about time you can never get back.....

Sign #4? I actually thought that winning Rockband was pretty cool (until I thought about #3).

And #5, I took a picture and sent someone a text BRAGGING about this colossal waste of my life. It was about thirty seconds after I hit send that I discovered signs 3 and 4. So all that time isn't the only thing I'll never get back. My dignity is gone for good as well. (I wonder how the Man Academy feels about this? I smell a future poll question...)

For a bonus I now give you Sign #6. I recorded the whole thing for posterity on a blog.


Later, I took Bub down for his every other hour mandatory potty break (he's getting really good about no accidents). I sat down on the edge of the tub, put the seat down for him and watched him wet his pants before I could help him with his drawers. U N B E L I E V A B L E! He couldn't hold it for five more seconds? REALLY?

Beak and the Boss both got here about the same time, and they made fun of me for a while before the Boss and I got ready to take the kids to Thanksgiving Point to do the drive through lights. They were nice, but considering that I can see (metaphorically speaking) a lot more lights at Temple Square for free, 8 bucks a carload seemed like a nifty little cash grab on the Point's part.

Well, enough for now. Squizzle is taking another nap, the kids are back on their instruments, and Rockband 2 is calling my name.

Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment