Thursday, April 22, 2010

Wait A Minute

What's that old saw about how even a blind squirrel is going to find a few nuts? Just when I thought I wasn't going to have anything to write about, another wacky kid quote comes from out of the blue.

I'm learning that patience and close observation are the keys to finding the good stuff. Sometimes it doesn't happen until late in the afternoon, but there is almost always going to be something worth writing down.

This morning, I was in washing the breakfast dishes. I knew Squizzle was sporting dirty drawers, but I only have two hands and he wasn't exactly screaming to get changed (and if he really wanted to, he'd just fiddle around until he got his diaper off himself) so I figured I'd get one job done before moving on to the next. Squizzle ran off into the living room where Peff, Bub, and Reaggers were all watching Spongebob on TV.

After .02 seconds, I hear Reaggers and Peff scream in unison, "EWWWW! Bub had an accident!"

Now Bub has been really good about not having accidents lately and since the timing was too close for coincidence, I knew they'd picked up the Squizzle "trail" and were wrongfully blaming Bub.

"He didn't either", I told them. "It's Squizzle."

Then I hear Reaggers say, "I'm sorry, Bub. But you have to understand. You stink."

I just about dropped the plate I was putting in the washer.

Point blank, matter-of-fact, no tact required. Sorry, brother; but you smell bad. Bub's feelings didn't seem to be hurt and no one noticed that I was already starting to plan out today's post.

I decided that I'd go change Squizzle before he caused any more chemical warfare alarms to go off, and while I was downstairs getting a diaper and the wipes, Squizzle had gotten Bub's spare underpants from his bag and was trying desperately to load them into the dishwasher. I guess Reaggers wasn't the only one who wanted to blame Bub.

Anyway, it has been nice to see a real pickup in the number of visits and new followers. I have been at this for a couple of months now and I am pleased with the response that I'm getting. If you are new, check the sidebar for my favorite posts, they give an overview of what I'm trying to record and a few of the ones that make me laugh the most. Make all the wise-acre comments you want. Please share this site with your friends and neighbors. I think everyone could use a good laugh now and again and I know most of you can relate to the train wreck that is my life.

Along those lines, I am looking to add a few guest bloggers to the blog. I need some of you who have better stories than mine to fill in now and again. Just some of your favorite disaster stories, whenever you feel like adding to the chaos. Since even I don't get paid, they don't have to be professional posts, just make sure you hit the punch lines. You can remain anonymous if you want; that's the way I prefer it for myself and hence all the nicknames. If I can do this crap, anyone can.

If you are interested, please get in touch with me in person, or let me know on the comments below, and I'll make the arrangements.

3 comments:

  1. If my child says something hilarious I will let you know and beg to be a guest blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! thanks for the blog!! It makes me feel a little better about myself to hear that there are other crazy kids in this world. Cuz most of my friends kids seem to be perfect and they are so glad they don't have a son like mine! As you know, I have tried for 8 years to get kids so I will take my son any day of the week!! I just thought I would share my blog with you so that you can have a laugh here too. There are several hit and misses on my blog, but this one sticks out in my memory. If you ever feel the need, please share my stories on your blog! Your family knows me and would get a kick out of it, I am sure!
    http://hallywoodbuzz.blogspot.com/2009/09/if-you-think-you-are-having-bad-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. WE MISS YOU!!!!
    COME BACK SOON!!!

    ReplyDelete