Friday, May 21, 2010

Not tested above what I can bear,
A promise made to me.
But hid from view,
All that I knew;
How much testing may that be?

I thank Thee for Thy confidence,
I’m not worthy of Thy trust
My will is wanting,
The world, taunting;
My own faith dries like dust.

Heavenward I stretch my prayer,
Oh Father! Hear me weep!
Tears wring out,
I begin to doubt!
And then, a restless sleep….

“I hear your cry, my troubled son
I share your tears this night.
Peace, be still,
This is my will;
I’ll make this burden light.

I have not forgot my promise
Place this thought past any other
For your true worth,
Hidden at your birth
You are my little brother!

I’ll help you all you want me to,
Hold you close, and lead your way,
But it’s still your choice,
To hear my voice;
And do my work this day.

And if you follow where I lead,
Be sure, I know the path.
The clouds will lift
This is my gift
You’ll share all Our Father hath.”

1 comment:

  1. That is beautiful. Did you write it? You did not name a source and you being the English major and all I am assuming then that you are the author. We math majors don't worry too much about quotes. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers! Love ya-

    ReplyDelete