Thursday, July 15, 2010

Good News for the Boss

Well, the Boss gets some good news today.

I found a job.

I have been contracted by an Internet company to do freelance writing/marketing. I am no longer a shiftless layabout. Well....that's not true.

Let's just say that I'm not unemployed any more. It probably won't be a whole lot of money, but it is sure as heck more than I'm making now. It's piecework that pays by the word; some of it for publication on client blogs and websites, but mostly as "keyword" writing designed to boost search engine priority for a company's website.

I think that it is a good opportunity to get some experience, develop my writing/resume skills and there are even some chances to move up the ladder into editing and the like. It would appear that my college degree will be worth more than a high school diploma after all!

Another bonus is that it can be done from home so I don't have to worry about daycare for Squizzle when Peff goes to school. Also it is the kind of work that I can do on the side of something else. I won't earn enough that the Boss should start drafting her retirement notice, but it is certainly a step up from where we currently are.

Maybe soon I'll be able to afford paying attention. In the mean time keep me in mind if you come across any other prospects.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on being employed. Not a lot of job action up here but I'll let you know

    ReplyDelete