Thursday, December 24, 2009

A Merry Christmas to All of You!

Well, the marshmallow popcorn is delivered, most of the wrapping is done, and the Boss has only one more nightgown to sew. And it's only 2:30 A.M. Nice. Good thing I never do anything, or I might not have the energy for this (wink, wink; nod, nod)kind of work.

I enjoyed the heck out of Tuesday's bowl game, it was nice to see the Coug's drop a hammer on somebody. Nothing Oregon State did went right, and I'd have felt sorry for them if the two BYU games I attended this year hadn't been Florida State and TCU. How's that for bad Karma?

So even though I could sympathize with Beaver fans, I'm not going to lose any sleep over their displeasure. They'll find some excuse for it; it was the wind, or a hangover from the civil war loss, or too much time at the black jack tables. Anything but the second best team in the MWC taking the second best team in the Pac 10 out to the woodshed for an education.

I must confess that I have not worked on my "History of the Blog" series for a couple of days now. I told you all before that I'm waiting for a little bit before I give up procrastinating. Besides, if I'm up until three wrapping, I'm lucky to have time to post this mindless little drivel.

I know for a fact that part four is going to be the most difficult segment for me to write and I am not sure that I want to rehash those things right in the middle of the happiest time of the year. Let me get through Christmas and I'll put some effort into telling it like it was. Again, sorry if I've left you hanging.

On a Runt related item, I had a fun experience this morning. Beak was on her last day of work today. I was up until 3 last night as well, wrapping and cleaning up the kitchen from the popcorn (Since it was mostly the Boss and Beak who made the stuff while I watched the game, the least I could do was the dishes), and I was shredded when the kids got here this morning. I set Squizzle in his crib with a bottle, told the kids to stay out of things and went to get dressed. I came back upstairs and caught Bub with an open bag of popcorn, after I had already asked him at least three times to stay out of it. So I swatted him on the backside and set him in the corner. He didn't cry, didn't blink, didn't say a word.

I asked him, "Why can't you stay out of things when I tell you no?"

He looked up at me with a face that can only be described as cherubic. He stared me right in the eyes... and wet his pants. On purpose. Right there in the corner of the living room. It was one of the best "bite me" moments I have ever seen and I'd have laughed at his creative version of "get bent" if I'd had more than an hours worth of sleep.

But I did only have an hours worth of sleep, so I just shook my head, changed his pants and got on the computer and put my horde of destroying angels up for sale on EBAY.

There are no takers.

Enough. It's three A.M. on Christmas Eve morning and I know I won't get another chance to sleep until early January.

I hope you all had a happy Christmas Adam yesterday, and have a wonderful Christmas Eve today, and may Santa visit every one of your houses with piles and piles. Gifts or Coal is up to you.

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. The popcorn is so YUMMY! Thank you so much! Hope you all have a blessed and very Merry Christmas!
    ♥ HUGS ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas! This gave me a good laugh to start the day! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete