Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Oh, Crap, I'm out of time!

The Boss starts her Christmas vacation today!!! And boy oh boy have we got a lot to do. Beak is working this morning and then we are going to make marshmallow popcorn today. Preparing this traditional awesomeness on a day other than Christmas Eve is blasphemy and a mortal sin. But I called my mother, who happens to be a Saint (don't you love that about us Mormons? EVERYBODY gets to be a Saint), and she said I'd be forgiven for starting early.

I don't really have a choice. Our list hit sixty plus this year, and we don't have time to spend all day at mom and dad's, deliver sixty bags of popcorn in addition to all the names on everyone else's lists and still get to the Boss's mom and dad's in time for their traditional dinner. By doing our deliveries ahead of time we save ourselves a lot of rushing around on a day that is supposed to be celebratory.

But it means moving the zoo to today. Between last minute prep, popcorn and the two BYU games on TV (Let's make sure our priorities are straight here), I don't think that I'm going to have the time to devote to an installment of History of the Blog. I might rush one up if it were any other post, but a post titled "Worst Day of My Life" is going to require a little time to get right. I also have to edit and post a short story that goes along with it, so it will be at least tomorrow before I continue that series.

Sorry to leave you hanging.

I'll snap some pictures of Popcorn Fest '09 and post if anything on the level of "Two Heart Attacks" comes up, otherwise, I'll post again tomorrow to wish you all a happy Christmas Adam.

Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, that BYU game must be watched and hopefully the Cougs will play well enough that we can ENJOY it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will patiently wait for your next installment, and you are right, I wouldn't want it rushed. It would be such a let down to read the "worst day.." post and then think, really?! That was it? ;) I'm kidding. I'm really enjoying all of it, and appreciate your insight so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did need to move up popcorn making because delivering my bag to New York is going to take some time..

    ReplyDelete