Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Chocolate Cake and Snotty Noses


Made chocolate cakes for baking day. Nothing special, just the mixes from the box, but a good start up to get us back into the swing of things. I'll let their mothers decide to buy frosting or drop vanilla ice cream on them. I'm feeling a little lazy today.

****

This weeks winner of the "Whole World is Going to Hell in a Fed Ex Envelope" award:

Just heard the title of today's episode of Max and Ruby. It's called "Ruby Scores".

I can't even bring myself to finish the joke. Too easy.

Almost as easy as when Elmo visited (and I kid you not) the "Skin Channel". That one required a carpet cleaner to clean up the mouth full of coke I spewed across the room. Just what are the folks at PBS thinking these days?

****

Between Squizzle and Bub, I have emptied an entire box of tissues in less than two days. I cannot believe how snotty these kid's noses are. Ford Motor Company should take lessons on production efficiency from the booger assembly lines found in the noses of the under three crowd. Output, output, output.

I'm not a germaphobe (I often wonder how people survived before the CDC told us we should all be dead), but even I've been soaking my hands in anti-bacterial hand sanitizer. And since it's grossing me out, it can now gross all of you out as well.

****

A couple of important Blog Milestones are coming up. We are currently at 595 visitors, so six hundred should happen by the end of the day. Hurrah!! So many poisoned minds...

Second, this represents the 95th post on the blog so by the end of the week, we should have post number 100. Woo Hoo!! So much poison for so many minds...

Next, I think I want to have a membership drive to boost the number of followers. We've been stuck at 22 for a while now even though I know there are more who read. Perhaps we should work up some official "Destroying Angel Membership Cards" or get some "Fatdaddy Secret Decoder Rings" or something like that to entice new followers.

Never mind.

****

Squizzles gets new teeth!

Yeah. And it has not been pleasant for him or me. Since the Boss has to work all day, I volunteer to take the night shift when kids get sick or whatever.

Squizzle has some bigger teeth coming in on the back bottom of his mouth and it does not seem to be a happy thing for him. On Sunday night, he slept from ten until one and then woke up screaming. He kept screaming until three thirty or four.

Then on Monday night, he didn't bother trying. He just started screeching at around eleven. I took him upstairs so he wouldn't disturb the Boss. By midnight I dosed him up with infant pain reliever and sat on the couch while he dozed on my lap until three. Then he woke up screaming and did not go back to sleep. At all. Around five, I was pretty sure why mother tigers sometimes eat their young.

For those of you that have not seen "Anchorman" (probably most of you), the sportscaster comes into work after a bender and says "I woke up in some Japanese family's rec room, and they would NOT stop screaming!"

For most of the early morning Tuesday hours, that line kept going through my mind. "I woke up at three A.M. with a teething toddler who would NOT stop screaming!" I mean, I know he's in pain but does that mean I have to be in pain too? Sharing is for things that gross you out like snot stories...

...Never mind. I'll stop complaining. (For a sentence or two)

So last night I came loaded for bear. Anbesol, children's pain reliever, frozen towel to chew on...I was ready. I hit him with a dropper of pain reliever, and he fell asleep in less than ten minutes. And slept the rest of the night.

Fatdaddy luck strikes again. Closing the barn door after the cow gets out.

What are ya gonna do?