Friday, January 29, 2010

Didn't See That One Coming....

I apologize to both of you who follow this blog for not getting something up yesterday. It was the Boss's day off, and it became one of the very rare days where there were things I had to get done.

I'm seldom too busy to sit and write a little something (which is a really sad commentary in itself) but yesterday I had to get the house picked up, go with the Boss to the grocery store and get a little chore done with my brother for my dad. I didn't think about not having posted until the Boss got on facebook to play cafeworld or some silliness (Remember, I HATE facebook) and she told me I was getting inquiries about my health because I hadn't blogged.

The rumors of my demise are slightly premature. The Angels have not killed me yet, but not for a lack of trying.

The Eldest lost both of her basketball games this week but they play better each game. On Tuesday they got run out of the gym a little bit and the Eldest only played about a half. She got one rebound but missed both her shots and the team got beat thirty something to 14. They played better defense and moved the ball better on offense, but the other team had some real snipers playing for them. They also had a girl who may well have been named "Tsedle" because she looked like my daughter's reciprocal clone. The Eldest doesn't find girls her age and size very often, but this gal might have been a little taller. And she wore the number 31 to the Eldest's 13.

We thought it was interesting, at least.

On Wednesday, they played a team of willow trees. They had three or four girls who were around the same height as the Eldest, but none of them weighed more than a can of caffeine free diet coke. We took a pretty good lead in the first half and then tried to hold on to the finish, but a cold stretch in the last three minutes doomed us to a one point loss. The Eldest did not score, though she had a trio of good shots and pulled down three more rebounds. She continues to learn to play better post defense, and she altered more than one shot while playing a good three quarters of the game. I'll post some pictures below from both games.

On the home front, things have been really interesting the last couple of days. Some opportunities have presented themselves to us that will help us keep our heads above water a little longer. There is one prospect looming that looks like it might be a real life-changer. It was something we never would have expected and it could go either way. I really hope it isn't a tease. I won't jinx it by going further, but we'll say that once again the Boss and I find ourselves standing awkwardly on the edge of the abyss wondering if we ought to jump or not.

I will admit to being terrified at the view. We might really take off and soar. Or we might find ourselves bouncing off of ledges and outcroppings on our way back to the bottom of the bottomless pit. (I know what the smart money would bet)

For now, we are checking the parachute for holes and making sure the canopy cables are attached to the backpack as well as the canopy, and we'll know a little more in the middle of next week.

Should you think about it, any prayers you might offer for guidance would be appreciated.

Squizzle has grown weary of the high chair, so I'd better go rescue him.

More later.

2 comments:

  1. Prayers are headed your way. I enjoyed chatting with the Boss online

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know you've got my prayers....Remember if you don't jump, sometimes the Lord can't provide those blessings that you deserve so much!!! Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete