Monday, January 25, 2010

Reaggers Gets a Good One

It's been a while since one of the kids had something funny to say, but Reaggers broke the slump this morning.

It was about 11:30 and even after eating donuts all morning, the locust horde was hungry.

"Make some sandwiches,please."
"What's for lunch?"
"When do we get to eat?"

Ah the default protocol of the four year old. "Let's eat"

So I got up and turned on the sandwich press to make grilled cheese. On a side note, as much as I love the biographies of Joyce and Wilde that I got for Christmas, the sandwich press and Paula Dean Cookbook for kids are far and away the most useful presents ever!

I grabbed the bread from the pantry and cheese from the fridge. Then I noticed that the garbage can was doing its best impersonation of an avalanche so I stopped to take it out while I waited for the press to heat up.

Reagers comes in and says to me, "I thought you were making sandwiches."

"Yep, but I'm going to take the trash out first."

"That's not making sandwiches" she said with her angry face starting to show.

I put on my best Buddhist monk voice and said to her, "Patience; Grass-a-hoppa".

She was not amused.

"I'm not a grasshopper, Uncle Fatdaddy."

"That's OK", I said laughing. "You're not very patient either."

The kid is very composed. She didn't blink.

"Just make the sandwiches, Please."

What could I do? I made the sandwiches. You have to love a kid that knows what she wants.

And now I gotta go take out the trash. It's good to be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment