Thursday, February 4, 2010

100

Gosh, I'm so thrilled! This magnificent piece of writing represents the 100th post on this blog. So many diatribes. So much venom. So much destruction.

Who would have thought that being a shiftless bum with no discernible job skills and having a complete reliance on my wife to pay the bills would provide so many opportunities for self mockery?

More surprising still, who would have thought that I'd find a way to put an English degree to use?

I'm as stunned as both of you, rest assured.

You may have noticed the change in decor. I have so few things in my life that I can change. If my shot at variety comes from messing with my Blog setup, then I'm going to mix it up. It kind of reminds me of my mission. Black suit, white shirt. The only change you got to make was the tie; so we all got really picky (and somewhat loud) with our choice in neck-wear in order to compensate. Even so it was enough to make me swear off neckties for about ten years after I got home (work as a shiftless bum does not require a dress code).

A necktie is a pretty useless decoration anyway. I don't think men of my physical stature should have to wear them for any reason. I mean really, who would make a man without feet put on shoes? I have no discernible neck, why should I have to put on a tie?

I digress.

Anyway, If the constant change in blog format annoys you, I'm sorry. I meant to annoy someone else and you are collateral damage. (Pause for rim shot and laughter)What I really need is a deep pocket organization to sponsor me (I work cheap, $1,500 bucks a day would be sufficient) and provide me with an "IT" guy to do web design. Then I could stick to what I do best...complaining.

****Editor's Note
My, does that sound bitter? I didn't realize I was in a grouchy mood this morning but I sat down to write and the bile started spewing full force. Ignore the first half of this post. I'll change the subject.
****

Yesterday was baking day, and I think we hit on a winner. We made cherry chocolate chip bundt cake, or as the kids called it, "doughnut" cake.

I'll put up the recipe and a photo when I get a second later this afternoon, but Beak and the Boss both liked it so I figure it must have turned out all right.

The kids had fun with it and it was pretty easy so I think we are back into the swing of Wednesday Baking Days.

My nephew is wrestling in the region tournament today and he's trying to place high enough to qualify for the state tournament. To do that as a sophomore is pretty cool. Geez, just wrestling some varsity as a sophomore at a school with the wrestling tradition ours has is pretty amazing. His dad was varsity as a sophomore there, but he got murdered in every match. I myself didn't crack the varsity until my senior year. Whether he makes state or not, the kid has done pretty well.

The Boss and I are still waiting to hear more about those life-changing opportunities. We were hoping to know something by today but it looks like it might be a little longer. This is not a happy thing for me. I have been a nervous wreck for a week. Another week might kill me. I just don't want to count my chickens...blah, blah, blah... but when I see this kind of light at the end of the tunnel it's either blue sky (something we ain't seen in about half a decade) or another train (which flatten us constantly) so I get really nervous that something is gonna blow it all to Hades. Keep praying, we need all the help we can get.

Speaking of help, I've got to get going. The Boss is off today and we have a few things to do, including the next basketball game for the Eldest. Which reminds me that I still need to post the pics from the last games. Where did I put that camera....

Gotta go, Happy 100th.

2 comments:

  1. I thought it was mandatory in the blog world that once you got to a hundred posts you offered a give away. As I mentioned this, I now declare myself the winner and demand a donut cake as compensation!
    Happy 100!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Done and done! Now you just have to come back home to claim it! We miss you guys around here. No one will rock band with us.

    ReplyDelete