Monday, February 8, 2010

Good News? Really?

Well. We are still waiting to get some news on that really cool opportunity for us, and while we wait, we just got slapped upside the head with THE coolest news we've heard in four or five years.

I almost don't dare type it for fear I'll jinx it.

Most of you have heard me say that if there was a prize for finishing last, we'd take second. It's true. So last fall, when the Boss's employers held a contest for sales increases from the previous year, we knew that if they were taking five store winners on a cruise to Mexico, we'd finish sixth. It has happened to us so often, I don't like to think about it.

Guess what place the Boss finished in out of the umpteen thousand stores in the Denver region?

Uh-hu. I give you the Anti-Midas touch.

This morning, she got a call to tell her one of the winners was backing out, and we get to go. As long as we can navigate passports, babysitting, and three dozen other potential landmines (any or all of which will blow the deal to Hades). But the very fact that there is a chance suggests to me that if there is hope for the "Aint's", there is hope for us!

In the meantime, Peff and Reaggers are doing flips on the couch, Squizzle just woke from his nap, and I think Bub just wet his pants for the first time in a month.

What was I saying about hope?

It may be a bit before I finish my Big Game Review. And there is a ton of other stuff I gotta write about. First I better go keep my house from burning down.

1 comment:

  1. We are still praying for you on the big deal and we will keep our fingers crossed for the trip

    ReplyDelete