Friday, April 2, 2010

Gather Round the Campfire

Sorry I've been down for a couple of days, the Boss has been working nights doing a lot of work from home during the day which requires the use of the laptop. Combine that with the fact that she hadn't been able to play her favorite games for a while and it seemed prudent to turn her laptop back over to her for a couple of days.

I did get some good stuff though.

Wednesday Bub, Reaggers, and Peff were playing "camp out". The Boss had worked a graveyard and was downstairs sleeping and I was putting Squizz down for a nap when I heard the three of them talking. It was pretty funny. They were pretending to toast smores over the heat vent in the living room and Peff told them he was going to tell them a "Ghost Story". So I put the baby down and grabbed a pen and started to scribble notes so I could retell it later. The conversation went like this:

Peff: "There were some barbies, and they all went to a camp out to ride some horses. But the horses were all hooked up to a carriage that was all black. They got into the carriage and it took them to this mountain, and then they all DIED!!!"

****Editors Note
Someone was watching closer than I thought when I tried to show them Darby O'Gill and the Little People on St. Patrick's day.
****

Reaggers: "Nu-uh. Barbies like horses."

Peff: OK, they were kidnapped by aliens and the aliens tried to kill them but the Barbies cut the aliens heads off and there were wires and stuff sticking out of them because they were robot aliens, and then they died. Now shut your pie-holes and eat some smores."

Reaggers: "Wait! The smores are burning! Get the flashlight!"

Peff(singing his own little campfire song):

"Roar! It's only me, telling a ghost story,
Not some scary 6th grader.
It's not real, just a ghost story,
It's not real, It's not scary.
It's just me....Roar!...hey look, there's a dinosaur!! Argghhh!"

Reaggers: "That's not a dinosaur, that's my lost puppy that ran away. He's been hiding in the woods, and he's going to save the barbies on the scooters from the aliens!"

Peff: "Feed him some smores."

Reaggers: "No. He ran away, he's a naughty dog."

Peff: "Fine. Dumb doggie. Get lost. We don't need you."

It was at this point that I realized that Bub was the "doggie" and he seemed more than a little upset that he would not be partaking of the alleged "Smores". At least he didn't try to pee on my floor.

I thought they showed some clever imagination (though not witout some overly violent themes...but hey, they are DESTROYING angels) and the more I read Peff's "Song" the more impressed I was with it. He did it off the top of his head and it's not really bad stuff for a kid who can't read yet. I especially like the A.D.D.-esque "Hey look, there's a dinosaur" ending.

1 comment:

  1. At least the smores were pretend. My kids used to put marshmellows on the lightbulb in their lamp and really toast them when they played camp out.

    ReplyDelete