Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Expect the Interesting

I love Chaos.

We've been close for many years, and my time spent playing with four year olds has led me to believe that Chaos is one of the great driving forces of the universe.

Yesterday, there was no Chaos. The Boss had the day off, and we went to the eye doctor. There, I was told that it is the doctor's belief that a new set of hard contact lenses may be sufficient to return my vision. Or at least enough of it that I might return to a functional level of society. He even said the "D" word.

Drive.

Yeah.

As in "drive a car".

"Do I dare disturb the Universe?" (Ah, J. Alfred. You and me both, buddy).

I am still in a state of shock; and to some extent, disbelief. I have spent five years living in a world that looks as though it was painted by Monet. The thought of emerging from that makes me a little giddy. The possibilities that the doctor's pronouncement opened are too far reaching to contemplate appropriately.

What if the Boss didn't have to drive every where we went? What's it like to go somewhere by yourself? What kind of job opportunities might there be for someone with eyesight?

The only person happier than me to ponder these mysteries is my wife. After the crushing darkness of the last month, that twenty minutes with the eye Doctor was a high-intensity laser beam of hope.

Fatdaddy in the driver's seat. Who'd a thunk it? It ain't a sure thing, but I choose to dream. Joy is often short lived, and Chaos is quick to return.

Like at about ten or ten thirty today when I will have seven children under the age of five invade my house (Shudder).

I'll have Reaggers, Bub, Peff, and Squizzle as normal. Then Motor is coming because it's Wednesday. Then some friends from the neighborhood are having their third child today, and I am taking their other two for the morning.

I told you me and Chaos were buddies. If nothing else, it ough to provide some solid post fodder. Jericho's walls fell under much less noise and confusion. Could be very dangerous. I'd better post this before I'm buried under rubble.

Pray for me.

1 comment:

  1. All of our hopes and prayers are with you and may the doctor be blessed as well. YOU DESERVE A BREAK

    ReplyDelete