Friday, June 4, 2010

A Good Day

Squizzle is teething again.

He's been running a fever since last night and he is in a really grouchy mood this morning. "Pitiful" might be the better word for it, actually. He just sits there staring at me with a pathetic stream of slobber dripping from his chin and these awfully heartbreaking moans. I know he's really feeling bad because I offered him his all time favorite treat in the universe and he threw it on the floor with out so much as a taste. If Squizzle isn't downing Popsicles, it's a pretty good indicator that something is wrong.

Today is the last day of school for the girls and they are thrilled beyond comprehension with the fact that they did not have to wear their uniforms today. Funny how one person's greatest joy can be their father's greatest misery (OK, I admit that's a little melodramatic). I wish school would never let out. I wish Peff could go to all day kindergarten in the fall and Squizz could find a free all day preschool. I'd get some writing done those days, I can tell you!

Had to pause there for a minute because Squizzle decided that now would be an excellent time to gag himself into a barf-fest. That does it, I'm sure he's getting new chompers, he got mad when I tried to wipe his mouth off. Ah, this ought to be a spectacular weekend for him. What was I saying about how one sister's time of joy is a little brother's weekend of misery?

I applied for a couple of more jobs yesterday, though neither of them look very promising. I did find a reputable publisher that had online directions for manuscript submissions, so that gave me a little hope. I was thinking I'd have to find an agent before I could get a publisher to look at anything so this was good news.

Finally, today is the big day for the eye doctor. At around three thirty today, I'll go spend about an hour and a half getting poked and prodded and set up for what may very well be a miracle of Biblical proportions. I challenge you, what is the difference between the Savior making a clay of mud and restoring the sight of the blind and Him directing a doctor to make a clay of plastic and doing the same thing for me?

I know that sometimes the answers to our prayers don't come in the way we expect (see Teacher, English and Teacher, Seminary) but things have a way of coming out in the wash. I have a good feeling about today and I am not the least worried. Today is going to be a very good day.

I don't recall the last time I could say that at 9:00 in the morning!

3 comments:

  1. Hoping and praying your good day lasts all day long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you can say that. It has been awhile since you have been happy. You deserve it and I know that everything will work out the way you want it to. Good luck with the eye doctor today. I love you bro!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So.... curious to hear how the clay application went today. -Jess

    ReplyDelete