Friday, January 8, 2010

Lunchtime

As soon as Beak gets here to take the kids, I get to spend the weekend gorging on High School Wrestling. Ahhh, now there is a relaxing way to spend some time. Since I can't coach yet, I wanted to be an official, but surprisingly, my vision is too good. I'm not allowed to drive a car or play with powertools, but I'm not blind enough to be a ref.

Just my luck.

I fixed hot dogs for lunch. Reaggers told me that she didn't want fries. I told her that she was going to get fries and she was going to eat them. I got the kids sat down to eat and then went in the other room to change the baby. In the kitchen, I hear Reaggers say to Peff, "Here, Peff. You like fries, eat mine. I don't mind, you can have them." I shook my head, but didn't say anything. (I am learning to pick my battles a little more carefully.)

Then, as I'm putting the baby's drawers back on him, Reaggers comes in holding her empty bowl and says, "I ate all my fries, can I have some more hot dogs?"

I laughed and said to her "No you didn't. You gave your fries to Peff. I heard you."

She looks at me with eyes that might have come from a great white shark. "That wasn't me," she said.

"It was a little girl voice" I told her. "It must have been you."

"It was some other little girl. I ate my fries."

I laughed again, and she got really mad. She took a really deep breath and looked like she was going to scream. All of a sudden, she exhales, visibly relaxes and shifts tack altogether. She busts out her best puppydog look, complete with batting eyelashes.

"Please, can I have some more hot dogs?"

I laughed. I wasn't born yesterday. I know a future salesman when I see one. She got her hot dogs. And more fries. HA!

Peff was ecstatic.

Gotta go. It's off to the wrestles for me.
Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment