Friday, December 18, 2009

And the Angel goes to...

You may have noticed that I have taken down the Christmas movie polls, and just for posterity, I will record the winners here now. None of this should be new to you.

Best Comedy (Other than Christmas Story)
A tie! Elf and Tim Allen's The Santa Claus both got five votes with Christmas Vacation trailing by one. I was personally disappointed that Scrooged, a Bill Murray classic, did not do a little better. If you haven't seen it yet, it's usually in the $5 bin at walmart this time of year. It does have a few slightly off color gags and scary/gross out moments so watch it before you show it to the runts, but I think it is hilarious.

Best Cartoon (Other than the Grinch)
Charlie Brown Christmas took this one going away. I seem to remember the stop-motion Rudolph and Frosty shows being a lot cooler when I was young, perhaps they have not aged as well as Charlie Brown. Or maybe I'm just a little more calloused than I used to be.

Best Old School (Other than It's a Wonderful Life)
Biggest boat race in the bunch. White Christmas took 11 votes, nothing else got more than two. If you haven't seen the Alister Sim version of A Christmas Carol, you need to. It is hands down a hundred times better than the George C Scott version (all I ever see is Patton talking about the "pile of goo that a moment before was your best friend's face..." That can be distracting when watching a Christmas show!). This was a can't miss category, they were all good.

Best Action (Other than Die Hard)
Die Hard. Unanimous, though some of you didn't vote for this cinematic masterpiece. All I want to know is if John McClain fought Mike Ditka, could the winner beat Chuck Norris?

And the Heavyweights
A minor upset here as the Grinch mustered just enough votes to take down It's a Wonderful Life. How can you go wrong? I say pop 'em both in and have a double feature with the kids.

Heck, you still got a week. I know you've all got wrapping and sewing and baking to do between now and the big day, start at the top and watch all of 'em. Watch with your kids and you can count it as family home evening!!!

More to come,
Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Nice Blog!!!!! This blog is great...Angel show is mind blowing. I like the plot of this show very much. I saw some episodes of this show. All are superb and amazing.I have a great website to watch angel episodes whenever i miss any season of this show then i watch this show online from this website. Its amazing site dude.

    ReplyDelete