Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Cougar Sightings, Mexican Cinderellas, and Monopoly






Saturday was a pretty cool day, but thanks to the um....fun and games?...the kids and I have been playing, now is the first time I've been able to report them.

The Boss took some things that had been cluttering up the garage and put them on KSL classifieds to see if we could get any cash out of them, and right off the bat we sold the old bouncy horse. We should have asked for ten times as much, because we got at least 10 more calls before we could take the add down. Anyway, the lady said she'd pay extra if we'd meet her half way in Provo. The Boss had the day off, so we decided we'd take the kids for a ride. When we got to the meeting place, we saw a hotel next to the store parking lot. In the lot was the BYU football team, stretching and warming up. I snapped a few paparazzi photos and would have hollered "Beat Air Force!" out the window, but the electric motor that rolls the window up on the passenger side is iffy at best so I am not allowed to roll it down. And the Boss wouldn't slow down enough for me to open the door. Oh well.


We stopped at Krispy Kreme in Orem for breakfast and then came home to finish cleaning the garage and watch the game. It was not a rough way to spend a Saturday.

Monday was Puzey's school play, "Domatila", a Mexican version of Cinderella. We shot a two minute video of her lines, but the Blog doesn't seem to want to upload it so still pics will have to do. She played the Maid and was very excellent, but this is no surprise as all my daughters are drama queens. It was high theatre at its finest.

Lastly, I have to share some of the truly spectacular lines I heard while the kids were "Playing Monopoly" yesterday. Remember in Calvin and Hobbes when they would play Calvin Ball and make up the rules as they went? Yeah, pretty much like that.

Some excellent fodder from the Tongue of Angels

Reaggers: You can't take my piece!
Peff: Yes I can, I'm the Banker. I can do what I want.
(You listening, Mr. President?)

or

Peff: This card means you get fifty thousand bucks. And you get to be the banker now.

Or

Reaggers as the Banker: You have to go to the dance but you can't go 'cause you don't have a ticket.
Peff: where are the tickets?
Reaggers: I have them. They're ten dollars. You can't have one.

or this gem (don't ask me where he got it from)
Peff about to roll the dice: Come on, dice! Peff needs a new pair of pajamas!!!!

1 comment: