Monday, November 23, 2009

Round Two

Even if no one is bothering to read this crap, it's at least allowing me to practice putting a positive spin on the disaster that is my life. After a few calls to the Boss for venting purposes, I was ready to admit that while I wasn't tickled about our budding Picassos, I could at least turn it into some decent blog material.

So after Uncle C came to get Reaggers for preschool(and deliver a straighten up and fly right speech to Bub), I felt safe in sitting them down in the living room with a cheese sandwich and a cartoon. I came into post the "fun" while the details were still fresh in my mind. What I should have done is remember that this stuff usually snowballs and that bungee cording them to a chair was the only safe option.

Just as I hit POST on the "press release" entry, I hear Beak knocking at the door. Peff and Bub raced down the steps to open the door and I got up from my chair in the kitchen and went into the living room.....

.....to find that the cheese sandwiches were strewn across the floor and the 500 piece puzzle the girls were wanting to do was now spread from one end of the universe to the other.

"Oh, SON OF A......"

Mid profanity, Beak comes up the stairs laughing.

"Sounds like Round 2", she says, looking at the convergence of Hurricane Peff and Tropical Depression Bub. "I think you lost again."

"Yep" I said. "I hope the Boss gets home soon, I've gotta get to the store today."

"What for?" asked Beak

"Bungee cords."

2 comments:

  1. Your posts always give me a good laugh and smile! Thanks for that Pat! Hope you and your family have a very Happy Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your posts. Like Shauna, it gives me a good laugh and smile. Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete