Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Worst Poll Question, Ever

I thought that at least the choices were funny, but I should have known that anyone with the taste and style to read this blog would also have the intelligence to know there is a time for all seasons.

I, of course am a firm believer in waiting until after Thanksgiving to put up decorations. I also don't let the kids watch Christmas movies until then. This is learned behavior from my sainted mother, who in deference to Beak's birthday, would not allow Christmas decorations until after the 9th of December, so that Beak wouldn't feel gypped. I say it serves her right for being born in December. But habbits are habbits, and what was that saw about "teach a child the way they should go when they are young.....something, something."

But I do like the idea of making the kids wait for fun things. Patience is a forgotten virtue in the world and I think it is exhibit A for why the earth is headed to Hell in a FedEx envelope. Hurry to do this, hurry to get to that, never learn to wait for anything. Stores open on Thanksgiving Day? Sad. It says something about us if we want to skip a day of Thanksgiving in order to faster start a festival of Thanks,Gimme. (Hey, that's a good one. I might have to use it some more!)

It does me good to see that question end up unanimous, though it makes me wonder who the morons are that are blowing it for the rest of us.

After Beak left, I couldn't bring myself to finish cleaning the joint, and when the Boss got home, we went to the store (No, I did not buy Bungee cords. Shame on you for thinking it....Oh, alright, I admit it. I wanted to, but the Boss wouldn't give me the money for them. She said it was "child abuse" or something).


After three hours at the store, (we count it as a Date), we got home and I piled two weeks worth of groceries for seven people next to a full days worth of dirty dishes and said, "Forget it, I'll do it tomorrow. So I put away the frozen stuff and the fridge goods, and left the cans and stuff where it was. Except the 10 lb bag of flour, which I decided I would pour into my canister before giving up.

Naturally, the bag slipped out of my fat fingers and hit the floor, sending a poofy white cloud of disaster all over the floor. The Boss looked at me getting dusted with flour and just started to laugh. I don't blame her, it WAS kind of funny. But I had had enough so I walked out of the kitchen and left the sweeping for this morning with the dishes (Guess where this is going!).

What I didn't notice was that I had taken a ziplock of frozen peaches out of the freezer when I put the ice cream away, and forgot to put it back. Of course there was a hole in the bag, and of course it dripped onto the counter and of course it just happened to be right above my little flour pile, and so I woke up this morning to the start of a very excellent floor cobbler.

Eeep!

All my life, people who love me have told me...no, BEGGED me to stop procrastinating, and I do mean to; I really do. I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

And once again it bites me on the big ol' keester.

Yesterday was such a great day for material that I failed to post about several other good stories. We went to Provo on Saturday morning for a grand adventure, Puzzey had her school play and Oh, look! Peff, Reaggers and Bub are playing Monopoly! That won't end in a mess, will it?

I gotta go mop a floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment