Monday, March 15, 2010

Squizzle the Bluebeard

Morning, everyone!

I know I promised a Saturday posting and then failed to deliver. You can skip paying your subscription fee for a month to make up for it (where, again, is one of them smiley faces when I need one?).

The reason is that senor Squizzle has gone on a major developmental tear over the last few days and is causing a good deal of chaos.

For starters, he has developed his first verbal communication skill. "Nummmm". Which I am one hundred percent sure translates into "give me something to stuff in my mouth as soon as possible. And while your at it, is it too much to ask for a little snack? And get me some cheerios, I'm starving!"

I know, that seems like a lot of meaning for a single, monosyllabic tone; but the child has his Mother's good looks and his Old Man's gift of tongues.

But the reason I didn't post Saturday is that his motor skills have finally caught up with his curiosity, which pretty much means that he or I am a dead man. He was into EVERYTHING!!!

He tried to unload the dishwasher while I was loading it, resulting in something akin to a "Three Stooges" routine. Then he tried to eat dishwasher soap. Then he tried to play in the toilet (raise your hands if you've dealt with THAT one before; moms!). Then he figured out how to open the disc tray on the XBOX, but only after he decided that it made an acceptable substitute for a drum.

I was not pleased with any of these milestones, and spent a good portion of Saturday toddler proofing the house (again). I also moved my favorite toy to higher ground before it went the way of the dodo.

During the course of these chores, Squizzle said "Nummm" several times, one of which resulted in his big brother providing a delicious delicacy. Peff gave Squizz one of those blue, candy coated, robin's egg's that the Easter Bunny leaves every year.

Yes, I am aware that the Bunny has not made his trip yet, but the Boss, bless her heart, brought some home from work. They lasted slightly longer than my intentions to write a post on Saturday, but not long enough for me to get one. Looks like the boy enjoyed his though.

Lastly, Today I am going to start the First Annual "Fatdaddy's Destroying Angel Bracket Contest". It will be free to enter, and the grand prize will be ten free "Redbox" DVD rental codes. Check back later this morning for more information.

Well, gotta go, Squizzles is wandering around the kitchen chanting "Nummm!!" at the top of his lungs. I'm gonna need to get more groceries.

1 comment: