Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Bowling for Big Bucks





We took the kids to FatCats last night for the Boss's work party. There was an all we could eat pizza buffet (always a plus with me), Bowling, pool, and tokens for the arcade. There were a ton of people there, so we weren't able to get the kids on a lane, but that was actually a good thing. If we had, we might still be there waiting for Puzey to get her ball to the end of the lane.

I love the child dearly, but how she got sent to this family is a complete mystery. I swear the child is part hummingbird. I think that somehow the Boss and I got one of Beak's kids to raise by accident.

Now, I have a philosophy when it comes to golf. If I'm gonna pay 45 bucks for greens fees and a cart, I'm gonna hit that ball at LEAST two hundred times. What kind of scam is a sport that tells you the less you play it the better you are? It's like going to a shooting range and they tell you that if you really want to have fun, you should only fire your machine gun one shot at a time. What fun is that? I want my money's worth!

It would seem that Puzey has this same philosophy when it comes to Skee-ball. I have never seen a Skee-ball game last a full half hour until last night. The child rolled every ball a minimum of three times before she got it high enough on the board to beat the auto-return.

We actually called time out to replenish her fluids so she wouldn't cramp up. The Boss was waving smelling salts. And poor Puzey battled those Skee-balls to a standstill.

Time and again she wound up and rolled the wooden sphere, only to have the merciless ramp send it right back to her toothpick ankles. By the end, she looked like she had just ran the Boston Marathon. But she won two whole tickets so it was well worth the Herculean efforts. I shudder to think what that child would have done to a bowling ball. Anybody seen Uncle Buck?

Anyway, the Eldest and I played a little pool, though with two bad eyes and differing levels of sight in each of them, depth perception was a major problem. Let's just say that if I drove like I shoot pool...well, there's a reason I'm not allowed to renew my licence.

The kids all got prizes and everyone had a good time. The Boss's Boss, the owner of her franchise, even came over to tell her that he had seen the results of her inspection and that he was very pleased and proud of her hard work. I thought that it was very nice of him to do that.

The cookie dough timer just went off so its time to go cut pizza crust and get 'em in the oven. More later.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure what I did to delete the last comment but oh well....I would take Puzey in a second! However, I would love to know what makes you think I should be the parent to little puzey??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I don't know. Don't take this wrong, but perhaps it's because she is clearly the runt, she has whispy, fly-away hair, a squeeky mouse voice, and no matter that she eats like a truck driver, she can't gain weight. She's also the youngest of three sisters. Know anyone that grew up like that?


    And Oh, yeah. She needs two words.

    Assertiveness training. :)

    ReplyDelete