Thursday, November 19, 2009

Pizza




Sorry that the post on baking day is one day late (I know you are waiting with baited breath), but my Internet provider had some goof up or another (there's that techno-crap again), and I couldn't log on until this morning. I think it went pretty well. Beak brought about thirty pounds of fruit, so there was plenty of topping.

I mixed up a batch of sugar cookie dough (already posted) and I was thinking that I'd use a cookie cutter to cut out big circles, but I couldn't find my big cutter. Inspiration struck and I thought it might be fun to cut the cookies into triangles like pizza slices. They looked much better than regular mini pizzas, I thought.

For sauce, we mixed a package of cream cheese, a jar of marshmallow fluff, a half jar of strawberry jam, and however much strawberry Quick the kids wanted to squeeze in the mixing bowl.

I set up the card table, covered it with paper, sauced a crust for each of them and turned them loose with the toppings in the middle. They could choose from banana, pineapple, peaches, frozen berries, melon balls, grapes, and kiwi fruit. The Boss got the clever idea of dropping red and yellow food coloring into a Ziploc full of coconut and letting the kids shake it up. It looked for all the world like that yellow and white shredded cheese they sell for tacos and pizzas.

Squizzle sat in his chair and ate his cupcake until he passed out, amid a giant mess. Fortunately, he slept long enough for the kids to finish their pizzas so I could clean the kitchen up a little and get them settled down before I had to go hose him down.

One mess at a time, One mess at a time, One mess at a time......

Only two really good keepers amongst the Runts chatter.

Motor asked Peff to "Pass me the key weed, please." I can only assume that he meant the fruit and was not orchestrating a drug deal with Peff.

Peff had another one (he is his father's son), at one point declaring, "I'm going to make another slice just like that one, except different".

Perhaps I ought to stop letting him watch Bill and Ted.

Enjoy the Pics.

1 comment:

  1. They look so yummy I think I need to come visit with Kade and Hanna on Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete