Friday, November 13, 2009

Another New Type of Post

I keep getting ideas for new categories of posts. Thinking about Peff's classic "Don't call people names, you Nerd!" made me think of all the other ridiculous things that I have heard/said to my children over the years.


Everyday I hear a new one. Today Peff fired off this keeper:

Peff: "Guess what, guys? I had an awesomest dream!"
Reaggers: "What was it?"
Peff: "I don't want to talk about it."



Some of my other all time favorites:

Primary Teacher: "Do Moms and Dads love each other?"
Five year old Moe: "No. My parents hate each other."

or:

Four year old Moe: "Today we learned about Jesus and the Blonde man."
Fatdaddy: "Are you sure it wasn't the blind man?"
Moe: "No! He was blonde! But he couldn't see."


Fatdaddy: "How many times do I have to ask you not to drink the bath water?"



If you have a moment, share your best "out of the mouths of babes" stories in the comments and we'll gather them up and post them into a new category.

I think I'm going to call it Speaking the Angels Tongue.

5 comments:

  1. Here is one from a friend of mine. Last night at school everyone was calling her a genius. She is a single mom and went home and told her son, "everyone at school is calling me a genius." Her son looker up at her and said, "Mom is a genius the same thing as an L-7 Weenie."

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my truly favorites was the 3 or 4 year old Moe (she is definitely her Father's child) telling the story of Ramona giving the paper plates to Joseph Smith.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK my little Kman is a sneaky little fellow, one night while sneaking into our bed room he pops up next to the bed and says "Mom you are just making me crazy" I laughed so hard because I had not said a word to him at all...... I guess not talking makes him crazy??????????

    ReplyDelete
  4. My children like to remind me from time to time that I make them as insane as they make me. Perhaps Kman just waited until he was sure he had your undivided attention. Or he might have been sleepwalking. Our Eldest does that occasionally and it can be hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been keeping track off all the funny things that have been said in my house. Here's a couple of my favorites.

    1-After Megan finished eating something that took her two meals to do, she then wanted some of the other food that we had had for dinner that night.
    Mom: Are you sure you can eat all this?
    Megan: Yep. I still have room in my arm.

    2-While taking a bumpy ride in the new truck at Bear Lake, Daniel and Grandpa were talking. Daniel was pretty much showing how smart he was not in a show off way, but just sharing his knowledge. The end of the conversation was the best part.
    Grandpa: You're a smart kid, you know that?
    Daniel: Yeah
    Daddy: You're humble too.
    Daniel: Not very.

    ReplyDelete