Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Man Card Revoked, Jump rope, and the Best Question Ever

Woke up this morning and realized this thing was starting to look like a home ec page. Not what I had in mind. I'm already keeping a close eye out for the Man Police anyway. I don't need any more trouble with those guys. Last week I was baking sugar cookies with Moe, the Boss was at work, and the Eldest was in the living room watching that "Project Runway" nonsense.

I stopped.

Wife at work. Cookies baking. Project Runway? Not good. If I had a heart attack and died and they found me like that...I didn't want to think about it. So I finished the cookies, kicked the Runts outside and watched two solid hours of "UFC Unleashed" while scratching and swearing and eating pretzels. They aren't getting my Man Card unless they pry it from my cold, dead fingers!!

Back to what the blog looks like. I have discovered that all new posts go to the top of the page, so if anyone new shows up, they have to scroll to the bottom and work their way up to stay chronological. This annoys me (as I'm sure it does you), but everything I've tried to do to change it has not worked. Remind me why I hate techno-crap? Anyone familiar with this type of blog that knows how to fix that would earn my respect and admiration.

Now this is why I started this Blog. It isn't even 9:00 am yet and the Monkeys are already at full throttle. Beak had to work early (more on that in a sec), so the kids are here. They're "jumping rope". Peff is holding one end, Reaggers has the other end, and Bub is standing in the middle, holding the rope at his side and jumping as fast as he can while moving the rope up and down.

They're laughing like a pack of hyenas. At least they aren't trying to eat each others livers. I love my life. I really do.

This morning has been the perfect storm for blog material. The Boss has an inspection next week, so she's burning the candle at three ends and had to be out the door at 7. Beak got here at 7:30, and Ma (may blessings be upon her) was coming at 8 to take the girls to school. I had to get the girls dressed, the baby changed and fed, lunches made, bags gathered up, and the Eldest had a bit of homework to finish, all before 8.

So I'm changing the baby and I notice that it is awfully quiet. Reaggers, Bub and Peff are sitting on the couch watching toons, Puzilla is getting all the bags gathered up, Moe is packing lunches (might be scary), and the Eldest is actually doing her homework.

No one is fighting, whining, or screeching at me to change a channel or find a shoe. I, of course do not believe such things as "order". I say to them, "Wow. Should I expect a heart attack or the end of the world?"

Puzey looks up at me and with her perfectly squeaky mouse voice says, "Daddy, if it was really the end of the world, do you think the Eldest would bother with math home work?"

Best Question Ever!!!

1 comment:

  1. The only thing you can do to somewhat alter the placing of posts is to change the date and time of posting. If you go to your new or edit your old post at the very bottom of the screen on the left is a discreet "post options" with a triangle next to it. Click on that and it will allow you to instert a post date and time which will then be placed chronoligically in your listings. Also if there's some intro message you want you can create a new gadget in the layot section of the blog dashboard. Hope this helps more than a 5 year old baking cookies.

    ReplyDelete